Globalme's main focus is providing linguistic services and SaaS offering for a Translation Management Tool. We provide translation services in more than 30 languages for websites, videos, training and mobile applications.
We are built on a flexible and cost efficient global infrastructure. Our team members are located in several different parts of the world and our clients are spread across North America. In Vancouver, we have two full time 2 people working from our trendy Gastown office.
Amazing things happen here! We plan, execute and enjoy watching successful outcomes become reality. We celebrate every new customer! And since we are small, you will have an authentic hands-on experience with the planning and executing your own marketing initiatives. If you are a doer and are an open minded, self-driven individual with a
passion for marketing this is a great place for you to gain experience and industry knowledge.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Looking for challenge-loving developer
- You will be working on two main projects:
- Customizing ]project-open[ (http://www.project-open.com/)
- Project open is an open source project management tool. We have done customizations for it already and we are looking to do more.
- Structuring data and creating a data dashboard (and an API)
- You will be building a analytics dashboard for translation data using the Google charts API.
Bonus - Working on existing plugins and applications
- We have plugins for Drupal and WordPress and provide SaaS services for an open source translation management system. If time permits, you will be helping with these on an ongoing basis
- ]project-open[ is written in TCL which is not the most common language. See http://www.project-open.org/en/es/about. You need to be willing to learn (on your own) whatever is needed to be able to work on ]project-open[
- You need to be a data wiz and very comfortable with SQL, both in MySQL and PostrgeSQL
- We will show you the data and expect you to figure out the schema and the necessary SQL to pull out the details we need. You need to love data.
- Experience in structuring data for charting is a big plus
- Knowledge/experience of Java is a big plus
- Knowledge/experience in wsdl and REST web services is a must
- Knowledge/experience in php is a must
- We are a small team so you need to be a self-motivated, self-learning individual
- Community contribution and accomplishments are highly valued. Let us know about the communities you are active in (ie. StackOverflow)
- All of our applications are hosted on Linux servers. You must be familiar with the terminal and basic server administration
- We are a young and dynamic company. We are open to new ideas and will provide the necessary platform for you to execute.
- We are growing fast you can craft your own position for the future
- You will gain hands on experience with different applications and platforms
This is a government sponsored position so in order to qualify you need to meet criteria below:
1. Unemployed, 15 to 29 years of age
2. Not currently receiving or eligible for EI and have not received EI in the past 36 months or 60 months for a parental claim
3. Not a full-time student, enrolled in high school/post secondary or returning to school
4. Not a participant in another LMA-funded program
5. Resident of BC and legally entitled to work in Canada
This is a 3 months position with a possibility for full time employment. Work could be 30-40 hours per week.
Compensation: $20 per hour
If you are interested in finding out more about our organization and the project respond to this add. Please ensure you include the following: Resume, Portfolio, anything else that could be relevant.